All foreign nationals who speak English well are welcome to apply for the Invincible America Assembly. As part of the application process, you’re asked to get the recommendation of your Transcendental Meditation Movement national leader. Foreign nationals can generally come on a 6-month visitor visa with the option to renew for an additional six months.

What kind of weather can I expect?
Summers can be temperate and breezy, with temperatures in the 70s and 80s, but often are hot, with temperatures rising to 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.8 degrees Celsius).

Spring and Fall are moderate, with temperatures ranging from the 40s to the 80s, and though unpredictable are generally very pleasant.

Rain and thundershowers may occur frequently during these seasons, with snow and ice often in the winter.

Iowa winters are cold. The temperature is almost always below F. 32 degrees (0 degrees Celsius), and sometimes goes down to 0 (-18 degrees Celsius) or below, with wind. This will be the case through the end of February. So please plan to dress warmly. Bring a warm winter parka or coat and a warm hat, gloves, and boots (or plan to buy them here as soon as you arrive).

How do I apply for a visa?
Please read and follow these recommendations carefully:

  • Contact your consulate and find out what is required for a 6-month visitor’s visa to the United States (this information may be online). You may also inquire online about a three-month Visa Waiver that is available in some countries.
  • You should indicate that you are coming as a visitor and to attend an on-going meditation assembly in Iowa.
  • This should be adequate to get a visitor’s visa.
  • Be prepared to produce evidence of your financial status (your personal bank accounts) to demonstrate your ability to provide financial support for yourself in the U.S. for 6 months.
  • If you are asked further questions, then show the “Accept Letter” that you’ll receive by email with your acceptance.
  • It is simpler to provide only the information and letters as they are requested.
  • You may be asked to give the address where you will be staying and the name of a contact person.
    • If you are staying on the Maharishi University of Management campus, give this address:
      Maharishi University of Management
      1000 North Fourth Street, IAA
      Fairfield, Iowa USA 52556
      [no contact person necessary]
    • If you are staying elsewhere in Fairfield or Maharishi Vedic City, please give that address and the contact person if there is one.

Can I come and take the TM-Sidhi course?
You may take the course here only if you are an American citizen or have a green card. Everyone else must take the course in their own country.

Am I eligible for financial support?
Grants are available for permanent residents of the USA. Also they are available to permanent residents of Canada through the Global Country of World Peace in Canada. For other foreign nationals there is a program available called the International Sponsorship Program, which provides a private room and meals. For information please see the following link: What about financial support?

What kind of visas can people from Canada, Mexico, and UK get? How long will these visas allow people to stay?

  • Canada — You don’t need a documented visa. You’re allowed to come “on your honor” for up to six months.
  • Mexico — You need a visitor visa. The initial stay would be granted for a maximum of 6 months and can be renewed once (cost of renewal is $200).
  • UK — There are two ways to come from the UK as a visitor:
    • A visitor visa — The length of stay granted upon entry is a maximum of 6 months. One can apply for one extension of an additional 6 months.
    • A visa waiver — You can come without a visa but must leave within 90 days. One’s status cannot be changed or extended. To be certain you are eligible for a visa waiver, you should review your circumstances and the regulations governing your country and get professional advice.

Please, always check with your local U.S. Consulate on their requirements for visitors visas or (if they offer them) eligibility for visa waivers. Also check on current passport requirements. This information is usually available online.

How soon can I come?
Once you are accepted, you’ll receive an acceptance notice by email. This email will include the “Accept Letter” in case you need it for your visa application. Please wait until you are accepted before leaving home.

What if I have children?
Please go back to the FAQ page for answers to this and other questions.

Close Window